Saturday, December 28

Moving On















When my brother passed away, I found a collection of old Sprague High School choral songs that my brother had converted from cassette tape to MP3 files. I know he listened to music a lot and it brought him joy. One of the songs on the tape was about grief. These lyrics ring true to me. Grief is real and can be overwhelming. But, it's time to move on. I love you, Andrew! Thank you for listening to my music!


ANTHONY O'DALY 

Since your limbs were laid out 

The stars do not shine, 
The fish leap not out 

In the waves. 
On our meadows the dew 

Does not fall in the morn, 
For O'Daly is dead

Not a flower can be born, 
Not a word can be said, 

Not a tree have a leaf; 
Anthony, after you 
There is nothing to do, 

There is nothing but grief. 

No comments: